NEW HIRE ORIENTATION TOOLKIT
Having designed new employee onboarding and new hire orientation programs for clients across the country and industries, we set out to share our knowledge on various aspects of the onboarding process. From "what it is and why it's important" to "how to set up a training room for maximum engagement", you'll find a plethora of useful information in our toolkit.
Navigating the new hire orientation process can be a daunting task...and that's if you're the new employee!! It is even bigger if you are the leader assigned the responsibility: human resources manager, hiring manager, operations leader, training manager, or department lead for example.
We invite you to browse through the following resources. No matter where you are in your new hire journey, you'll pick up ideas that will benefit your program, your employees, your organization and your customers. And, be sure to check out the 3 starter tools at the end of this post that will help guide you through program design and implementation.
8 Essential Resources for New Hire Orientation:
- New Employee Orientation: A Key Element of Employee Onboarding: What is the difference between new employee orientation and new employee onboarding? What role does each play and where does one end and the other begin?
- 4 Bottom Line Reasons to Improve Your New Employee Orientation: Why is new employee orientation important? This article reviews 4 direct benefits that implementing an effective program will have on your bottom line.
- How to Sell Senior Leaders on Executing New Employee Orientation: You know the direct correlation onboarding efforts have on employee engagement, productivity and the bottom line. Yet, you are running up against leaders who don’t see the value in taking the time to support, attend, talk about, or make resources available for a winning employee onboarding process. This article shares ideas on how to get your senior leaders on-board.
- “Molding” Your New Hires With Effective New Employee Orientation: When new employees are hired, they are like hot wax- malleable and moldable as far as their impressions and perceptions of your organization. Opinions and perceptions are formed based on their first-hand experience with your organization and information presented to them about your organization. Learn how to optimize this opportunity.
- 3 Tactics You (Likely) Aren't Using In Your New Employee Orientation: There is no single "magic bullet", yet there are many thoughtfully designed "wow's" that when executed collectively will create the world-class result you are trying to achieve in your orientation. In this article are 3 simple examples of what organization's aren't doing, and if they did would be on their way to world-class.
- Who is Facilitating Your New Employee Orientation, and Why?: That first “official” impression of your organization often comes from the person assigned as the new employee orientation facilitator. Isn’t it vitally important that this person is the right person?
- New Hire Orientation Trainer Auditions: An American Idol Experience: This article shares a "Top 10" list of the ideal ways to address and prepare for facilitator auditions ~ with an American Idol twist.
- New Employee Orientation: Are You Too Square?: If everything you do speaks about your values, then the environment you place your new hires in on their first day with your organization speaks volumes. Be sure to maximize the opportunity to speak collaboratively through the design of your training room.
3 Starter Tools for Program Design and Implementation:
ABOUT DONNELLY EFFECT: With over 20 years of Disney leadership experience, Mike Donnelly, Chief Experience Officer (CEO) of Donnelly Effect shares his insights on Talent Selection and Hiring, Employee Onboarding, Customer Experience, Workplace Culture and Leadership- among others. Donnelly Effect is home of the exclusive "World-Class Workshop" series and offers consulting services and keynote addresses to audiences of all sizes and industries. Since 2007, Mike Donnelly has been a contracted Disney Institute Facilitator, delivering Disney training to audiences across the United States.